Thursday 23 February 2012

Pitt Cue Co. Soho


I'm definitely late to this party but, hey, better late than never. A recent power cut on Poland Street meant I got an early and extra long lunch break. I could think of nowhere better to spend it than Pitt Cue Co.

Open daily from 12, you need to get here early or be prepared to take away, such is the buzz around this BBQ eatery. Having missed them in their former guise under Hungerford Bridge last summer, I was excited to hear they have set up a permanent residence in Soho.

The menu is short and simple, choose a meat, choose a side. There are a handful of extras for us greedy ones and daily specials. A meal, served on a round metal tray, is around £10.


I went for the braised beef bun with burnt ends mash and shared a side of spicy chicken wings with my companion. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Everything about it. The deep smokiness of the meat. The crunchy slaw. The soft, slightly sweet bun. The mash, oh my god, the mash.


They are serious about their meat here, and it pays off. I also tried the pulled pork and the neighouring table's ribs looked increds. I can't wait to come back. Everytime I've wandered by since, there have been mega queues. Go people.

Pitt Cue Co
1 Newburgh Street
Soho, W1F
9/10

Pitt Cue Co on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

dharman said...

Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again



House for Sale in London