Thursday 26 March 2009

Just Falafs

I had a wrap from Just Falafs today and I’m very happy to report that it was every bit as good as I expected it to be. The concept (choose a base, choose a salad, choose a sauce) makes for ample variety and it was packed with filling and very tasty.

I would like to say however, that I was somewhat thrown when, after gleefully stating I would like the free range chicken with beetroot and carrot with the yoghurt and minted cucumber sauce, I was asked to select an extra. Hang on a minute I thought, how much will that set me back?

I also thought, dear god, I hadn’t expected them to do a McDonald’s-esque would you like….. type thing, if I wanted, I’d ask. But this is for free. You can choose from garlic sauce, chilli sauce, red peppers or one other option which I forget. For the sake of those attending the same meeting as me this afternoon, I resisted the urge to go for garlic and had the chilli sauce.

This literally blew my head off and I had to take it very slowly but it was great. I won’t be so considerate next time I think, I’ll go for the garlic! The chicken was very good with a squash dressing and the sunflower seeds in the salad provided a more than welcome crunch. The wrap itself too was hugely enjoyable, slightly toasted and a little crispy on the outside.

This is a little more than I would normally spend on a lunch to eat at my desk coming in at £4.95 but it’s well worth it. If you’re in a hurry though it’s perhaps not ideal with only one person making the wraps. I went to the Covent Garden branch, perhaps this is not the case in Soho?

Just Falafs
27b Covent Garden, WC2E
6.5/10

Just Falafs on Urbanspoon

No comments: