Friday 19 February 2010

Mooli's

One night last week following a few after work pints, Thomas and I found ourselves in Soho in want of some eats. Something quick, something filling, not too pricey and obviously yummy, Mooli's fit the bill perfectly.

I've been wanting to visit for some time now to try my very first Indian wrap and have read nothing but praise. I saw why when we were received by the very friendly and helpful folk working there, I asked what was recommended and got the special, goat mooli and a soup as it was a bitterly cold evening and this was to be dinner. Thomas ordered the soup too and a chicken mooli.


Apparently I look like a goat kind of a girl, I took this to be a good thing because I found the wrap quite delicious. An ample amount of juicy and tender goat meat with a generous and fresh salad of lettuce, tomato, red onion and coriander. The wrap itself is a roti and made with wholemeal flour, I really liked the taste and it held up well, supporting the filling without any breakages. There was also potato adding bulk and the heat of the thing was just what the doctor ordered on a nasty February evening.

The soup too was great, lightly spiced, with lentils. We had poppadoms with this and wolfed it down hungrily in silence. The decor of the place is invitingly vibrant and the Soho location is ideal for me, the lunch deal is very tempting and with so much of the healthy stuff in each wrap they are pretty good for you too.


Thomas's chicken wrap was served with a mint and coriander chutney, mixed leaf salad and sliced apple. Each wrap also comes with two Mooli's chutneys, we got green chili and tomato.


All this and a chocolate brownie came to less than £15, a bargain. I found this to be sufficient for dinner, Thomas didn't unfortunately, and popped in for a slice of pizza at Addagio on the way home. I also had a nibble and found it to be very good, a super crispy base and great tangy topping of cherry tomatoes. I must return and sample other varieties. And I shall definitely be returning to Mooli's. I'm also loving their tweets!

50 Frith Street
Soho, W1

7/10
Mooli's on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Rax Lakhani said...

I stumbled upon Mooli yesterday whilst looking for a bite to eat in Soho.

Delicious food, fresh ingredients and brilliant prices.

Krista said...

Ate here yesterday for the 1st time and also had the goat. Really really good. Loved Matthew, one of the owners, too! Really personable and informative.

Boo said...

Rax Lakhani - glad you found it! They had their busiest lunch ever yesterday I hear so seems like the word has spread.

Krista - Matthew's great isn't he? Haven't been back yet but I can't wait to try the pork and the beef too.

Luiz Hara said...

Hi, I am going there on Sunday, reading your review made me want to try the goats wrap, it looks delicious. Lovely write-up, thanks.

Luiz @ The London Foodie